Monday, May 19, 2008

Potty Training - Day 13

Today is Katie's 2nd birthday! Happy Birthday, Katie!

She sat on the potty a couple of times today, but no change. She has been grumpy as anything for the past couple weeks, and getting grumpier every day. Her sleep has been very disturbed by this potty-training thing. It's almost 9:00 and she just finished her last potty run. This one she almost made. She wet in her pull-up in the bathroom while we were arguing about which potty to use. That's to downside to having purchased another potty. I was trying to get her to use the little potty, while she wanted to use the Dora toilet insert. Unfortunately it wasn't set up and I didn't think we'd have time to get it out. Which we didn't. Oh well. I have to believe that some day it will click.

So during my research for potty-training Katie, I ordered a bunch of books from the library without really paying too much attention to the specifics of the books. Some of them turned out to be about "early" potty-training, essentially infant potty training. They are quite convincing. There will be a book review soon. So, out of curiosity, I've been putting my 3-month-old on the little potty every once in a while. She's gone in the potty quite a few times, and I caught most of her poop in the potty (the one poop she's had since I started looking at this stuff.) I just can't let Katie know that Ellie has gone in the potty more than she has!

No comments: