Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sundays are good days

We seem to be starting a pattern of good Sundays for Ellie. I got brave enough today to let her spend a little time without a diaper. I put a cloth diaper "doubler" under her little bum on a blanket. Unfortunately she rolled over and peed because of the pressure on her tummy. I was able to move the doubler and catch some of it, but not all of it. Stuck the blanket in the wash and a diaper on the baby. That was our five minute diaper-less fun today.

I think I feel more "in-tune" with her on Sundays, because my husband is around to help with Katie. After being able to pay more undivided attention to Ellie on Saturday, I can understand her better on Sunday. It seems to fade during the week.

Katie continues chugging along. We have a delicate balance. We can catch everything (while she is awake) if I put her on the potty after each meal. The only problem is that it takes so long and I feel badly that she has to sit there for so long. It's not that I force her to stay, but I try everything I can to convince her to. All I can say is that it's a good thing she likes books and puzzles. I just don't trust her to go when she needs to. And at this point, I don't think I should trust her. I wonder how long it will take.

No comments: