Wednesday, August 6, 2008

And the Tides Turn Once Again


We had an amazing day today. I instituted the schedule, as I mentioned yesterday. I warned her in the morning, so she didn't fight it at all. The day was a COMPLETE SUCCESS. Not only did Katie get all of her waking eliminations in the potty, she also forewarned me about an off-schedule second poop AND woke up dry from her nap. I'm back up on the mountaintop. What a ride!

I ordered some cloth diapers for Ellie off of Ebay from this seller. It's my first foray into cloth diapering, and I'm really glad I got them. My biggest objection to cloth diapering was cleaning the poops off diapers. Since we get 95% of poops in the potty, and most of the misses are when we're in extenuating circumstances, I decided that I could give them a try. We've been going back and forth between cloth and disposables. I've only used disposables for sleeping so far, but we'll see how it goes. Another bonus for the cloth is that they're much easier to get off when I bring her to the potty (if I don't have the cover on.) I like leaving the cover off and laying her on a waterproof pad. Seeing her in cloth makes me surprisingly happy. Cloth diapers look so much more comfortable than disposable diapers. We'll see how it goes. This is only the second day.

No comments: