Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Potty Dance and Travel Tales

Katie began to do the Potty Dance today. Hooray! Now we have a visible way of identifying when she has to go. Up until now there's been no warning. She still says "no" when we ask her if she needs to go, but at least now we know when to press it.

She has not been doing great since we got back from vacation, nor did she do well while we were on vacation. The only part of the trip where she did well was when we were actually traveling in the airport and on the airplane, joy of joys.

I finally figured out a better way to do the airplane bathroom. I brought our little travel potty and took it in the bathroom with us when she had to go. I set it on the fold-down changing table and put her on it. It worked really well, except that I left the travel potty on the airplane.

Writing this blog is very helpful for processing the whole ordeal. I feel like we've been stuck in this state forever, where she gets it but isn't consistent. As I look back at my posts, I realize that we are making progress, she is learning, and it gives me hope and reminds me that I just need to be patient.

No comments: