Thursday, August 28, 2008

Potty Trained - Day 3

Another accident-free day today for Katie! That's 2 of three. She did have a pee accident yesterday, so that was a bummer. Regardless, she is doing so much better than I expected!

We've stuck with our schedule. The accident happened yesterday because I didn't work hard enough to keep her on the potty after her nap. I should have read her another book or something, but I let her get up and sure enough, a few minutes later she had an accident.

Today, though, she told me twice when she had to go. We went out for lunch, and she asked for three trips to the bathroom. One was successful. I think she likes public restrooms, much to my chagrin. I'm a bit of a germaphobe. Maybe she likes to see how uptight I get. Whatever the reason, I'll deal with extra bathroom trips if the end result is dry underwear. Hooray!

A big motivator that I've used the past few days is ice cream. Whenever we talk about it her eyes get so big and round. The first few days I offered it for waking up dry from her nap. Today, I had a discussion with her when she woke up and said she'd need to stay clean and dry all day to get the ice cream. I kept reminding her about it, and she was always so excited. After dinner she got a little bowl of ice cream with sprinkles. She loved it!

No comments: