Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Where have I been?

Traveling, the home, busily slogging though each day, but most of all I haven't written because I've had nothing to write. What do I say? Not much has changed in the past three weeks.

Katie's attempted potty-training is still mom-directed. Her potty dance that I was so excited about never occurred again. She had numerous accidents, including poop accidents. It's rare to get through a day without an accident. We're still using pull-ups, and again, maybe that's the trouble. But I'm not willing right now to switch to panties. Maybe actual training pants would work, but I haven't seen them for less than $17.00, which is 40 pull-ups at the grocery store. That's a big stretch. Maybe if I can find some new ones on E-bay I'll give it a try.

Ellie, too, is still doing about the same. She is much more mobile now, so I think it's a bit trickier at this stage. She's crawling quickly and pulling up on everything, and doesn't seem to think as much about her elimination. In the last few days she's begun to do something with her hand that looks to me like the "potty" sign I've been making for her, but when I respond to it she doesn't need to go. She could be learning it, though. That would be very exciting. I just take her to the potty every once in a while and she often goes. As the days are getting colder, I am a little worried about continuing her potty usage, because it takes so long to get winter clothes off. I've had a couple of instances lately where it's taken me too long to get her on the potty, and she's peed all over me as I'm taking off her diaper. Not cool. Maybe it's time to switch HER to training pants.

No comments: