Friday, August 1, 2008

A day of Firsts

Vacation, incredibly, has continued to be a time of significant advancement toward to goad of independent pottying. Yesterday we had my grandmother's birthday party, where we went to a museum and then out to lunch. Katie used the potty at both places; she told someone before she had to go, waited until we got to the bathroom, and went. During lunch, she had her first poop success! Now she is capable of telling us before she poops, hooray! For me, I consider this "potty trained." I'll switch her to underwear when we get home, and now we'll just be working on consistency. So I can say that it took 85 days to potty train her. What a ride! That seems to be on track. Alot of the literature says that it will take 3 - 12 months.

Ellie, too, had a new first today. Well, two new firsts. We were driving in the car and she was crying. My husband pulled over into a parking lot, and I let her pee by the bushes. Then she was better. The other new first was pooping in a public bathroom. I've now figured out how to just move part of her diaper so that I don't have to take it all the way off to let her go. That will make life much easier when we're out and about. Sitting in the potty chair is still far preferable to her (can't blame her) but she is willing to go when we're out as well.

No comments: